Tuesday, May 11, 2010

6 Month Madness

Well, Piper has now reached the ripe age of 6 months. Let me first start off by saying "WOW, time sure does fly when you're having fun!". I can't believe that she's already 6 months old. It seems just like yesterday that she was just born. I can truely say that motherhoold really suits me. I look good covered in greenbeans....HAHAHAHA! Well, Piper loves to eat Barley cereal in the morning, greenbeans for lunch, and greenbeans for dinner. That is all the girl ever wants to eat. I have to mix EVERYTHING with greenbeans just to get a little bit of a variety in her diet. She's so funny because she wants things done her way and she knows that I will ablige her. She even crawls her own way.....she gets up on all 4s and then nose dives and continues to do so until she reaches her destination. She would just much rather get up and walk there or dance to her point of interest. I've had a couple of rough nights the past 2 weeks where she will wake up from sudden intense teething pain that I have to comfort her by snuggling up together. The past 2 nights she has gone to sleep in her own bed and woken up in her own bed at dawn so I'm hoping that it sticks for a while. We had her 6 month shots today and she did great! She weighs 15 pounds 1 ounce and is 26 1/2 inches long.
She is already practicing good oral hygiene....too bad it's her hairbrush (yes the brush was clean and sanitized).
Here is her trying something other than greenbeans.

This was April 24, 2010 and Piper tried to crawl for the very first time.



Her guilty face from naptime.



This was her 6 month birthday present.....her Precious Planet Jumperoo. She loves it, but only at about 10 - 20 minutes at a time.
Piper is just such a joy to have in my life. I'm thankful everyday to be her mother. She made my first Mother's Day great! I know when she gets older that she will get embarrassed by me, will want nothing to do with me, and may even hate me for a split second, but there is one thing that she will never be able to say.....that I didn't love her. She will always know that her mother loves her and I hope to have the relationship with her as an adult that I do with my own mother.



No comments: