Sunday, May 16, 2010

Working out and getting fit

Well, this will be a picture less post. Last Summer when I was 7 months pregnant I taught two dance camps to Lincoln Jr. High and High school pom squads. I get to again teach the Jr. High, but this time they will be taking my dances to competition. I am not in very good physical shape to keep up with 20 14 and 15 year olds so as of 4 days ago I started my new workout plan. I've done several over the years......you know what I'm talking about, ordering them off of the tv or internet also along with doing fad diets. Well, having a baby has put alot into perspective for me. There is no such thing as dieting it's just a lifestyle change that you have to be committed to.

For me that entails no meat or tomatoes and to cut out cokes and super sweets as much as possible. Along with this I am trying to maintain powerwalking/jogging with Piper 2-6 miles every day. I also found a great hip hop basic workout video at Walmart for $10 that is part of a 10 minute solution series. I do 2 workouts every other day along with the walking. I love this plan that I've created because lifting weights is not my thing. On the plus side of the dvds Piper will watch me and jump like crazy in her jumperoo so she's getting some great exercise too. I am hoping that by the end of 3 more weeks I will be in the best shape of my life for the long term. I miss teaching dance and I really want to get back into doing it so I gave myself 4 weeks total.

This plan for me is not to lose weight, but to tone up and get in shape. I don't care how much I weigh or what size my clothes are. Most women are so afraid or ashamed to say what size they are or how much they weigh......well I am not one of those women. I weigh 161 pounds and I wear a size 12 in most brands. I used to be 140 and wear a size 4/6. I will never be that size again because having a baby has really changed my body and I'm proud to be of a larger size. Too many women get so caught up with what the world says that we should look like......well I'm not part of that group anymore. I am now going without makeup most days and I'm growing my hair out to it's natural color....GREY!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's all for now......

No comments: